Values-Based Recruitment Programme
Our step-by-step programme will help you transform the way you find great staff
Are you a care and support provider looking learn how to improve the way you find and recruit great colleagues?
Perhaps you are a Local Authority who wants to support your providers to use award winning Values-Based Recruitment?
Our online or face-to-face Values-Based Recruitment Programme could be right for you; providing three months of support for you to to learn about, design and implement your own Values-Based Recruitment strategy.
“The care provider rewriting the rules”
Wellbeing Teams use Values-Based Recruitment to find great colleagues. This has won accolades from Skills for Care, The Guardian and the LaingBuisson UK Healthcare Awards; and our Founder Helen Sanderson is now one of Skills for Care’s judges in the recruitment category for this year’s Accolades.
On the programme you will learn in detail the step-by-step process that Wellbeing Teams use for both Wellbeing Workers and Wellbeing Leaders, as well as designing a Values-Based Recruitment process that is right for you and your organisation.
Who this programme is for
- Care and support providers in health and/or social care
- Local authorities looking to proactively support providers in their area
- Anyone involved in recruiting in health and care, for example HR team members and team leaders
Who you will learn from
This programme is delivered by a group of our national team of Advisors:
- Emily McArdle, our Recruitment Lead
- Neil Eastwood, best-selling author of ‘Saving Social Care’
- Jackie Le Fevre, our Values Advisor
- Adam Mileusnic, our Brand and Communications Lead
- Helen Sanderson, our Founder
Here you can hear two of the team, Helen and Neil, in conversation about recruitment in one of Neil’s ‘Masterclass series’ videos:
What you will learn
- How recruiting to values can transform your workforce and their performance
- How to move from traditional person-specifications and job descriptions to describe the roles in ways that reflect values
- Radically different approaches to workshops and interviews
- How to use social media to run Values-Based Recruitment campaigns
- How to design a Values-Based Recruitment process that works for your organisation
- Co-production in Values Based Recruitment
- How to overcome challenges in implementation, with our support
How you will learn
We can deliver this programme through a flexible online format, or via face-to-face sessions for larger groups.
The programme runs for a total of three months and is split into three key phases: Learn, Design, and Implement.
- Learn: Take part on seven, weekly two hour sessions, when you will learn about all the key aspects of effective Values-Based Recruitment from members of our team, each focusing on their specialist area. These sessions include input from the national team and small group sessions to help you think about how you can put this into practice in your team or organisation. If you cannot attend, we can send you the recording of the session for you to watch at a time that suits you.
- Design: Put what you have learned into practice and design your organisation’s Values-Based Recruitment process during an intensive ‘Design Session’, working with our Recruitment Lead, Emily.
- Implement: In the final phase of the programme you will be able to participate in three 1-hour problem-solving sessions with a member of our team, to get your questions answered and get advice on effectively implementing what you’ve learnt.
We can also offer bespoke consultancy and training on Value Based Recruitment. Please contact Emily using the form below if you are interested in this.
What else is included
- Access to our online learning community on the ‘Slack’ chat app
- Access to the Wellbeing Teams membership site, which contains supporting video content for each of the modules
- A copy of the best-selling book ‘Saving Social Care’, by Neil Eastwood
The next planned session for this Programme starts on Wednesday 6th March, 2019.
The online sessions run from 3pm – 5pm (UK time); but if you are not able to attend any of them we will send you the recording of the session so that you can catch up at your own pace.
The online sessions will run on Wednesdays, as following:
- 6 March: How Wellbeing Teams use Value Based Recruitment: Emily McArdle
- 13 March: Values – what are they and how to discover and use them in recruitment: Jackie Le Fevre
- 20 March: Looking at recruitment from the perspective of the applicant – Where to find great people: Neil Eastwood
- 27 March: Re-thinking person specifications, and job descriptions: Emily McArdle
- 3 April: Creating a recruitment campaign and using social media: Adam Mileusnic
- 10 April: Co-production in Values-Based Recruitment: Helen Sanderson and co-production partners
- 17 April: Workshops and interviews in Values-Based Recruitment: Emily McArdle
The Design day will take place on 25th April from 10am – 4pm with Emily McArdle at Chester University.
The implementation and problem-solving sessions will take place online as follows:
8 May: 10-11am (UK time)
15 May: 10-11am
22 May: 10-11am
This schedule may be subject to slight change.
The programme costs £795 per participant.
Or you can come as a team, where up to 5 people can participate for £1950; representing a saving of up to 50%.
Bespoke programmes can be created for larger groups, at dates and times to suit you. For example, a local authority could purchase 20 places to split amongst local providers for £5995 plus expenses.
All costs are exclusive of VAT.