Circle Family is a membership programme of monthly community events and opportunities, to help people to connect around shared interests, creating the conditions for friendship and mutual support.
It is a partnership between Wellbeing Teams, HMR Circle and Community Circles, funded by The Big Lottery. Circle Family supports people to use the great resources that are already present in communities and creates new opportunities to connect. It is where community connecting meets social action and mutual support.
Monthly programme – the monthly programme is based on:
- Weekly Coffee Clubs – for people to meet up, for new-comers to be welcomed, and for people to plan their month (coffee and Chrome books available!) and Men’s breakfast (to support more men to take part)
- Regular events and opportunities that reflect what people are interested in
- Organised visits for example movie night, theatre trips
- Taster sessions – for people to try new hobbies, eg water colouring, brush calligraphy,
- Social action sessions – ways to contribute, eg Guerilla Knitting (decorating parks with knitting),
- Short term projects – for example a term of working in a school to listen to children reading, co-creating local history project with local artists
- Come dine with me (we can organise takeaways for this – no cooking required!)
- Volunteering opportunities – eg Community Circles
Each Circle Family is facilitated by a paid Community Connector working with a Co-Production Partner.