What people appreciate about me
- Caring and sensitive
- Likes to have fun
What matters to me
- My family are the most important thing to me in the world, my partner Annie, children Ramsay (Rami) and Catriona (Kitty). I rarely work late and spend my evenings with them talking, reading, cooking dinner, blogging or watching them watch TV. My daughter has discovered Friends and I am participating in time-travel with her.
- My Scottish-Jewish heritage is important to me.
- Walking Maisie my dog every day. I have a tortoise called Yoda who lives in the garden during the summer. I have a tropical aquarium and I like to watch them when not watching my family watch TV; I also love watching wild birds in my garden. You could call me a bit of an observer.
- I love reading especially fiction – I have more books than there is room for in my house. Paul Auster used to be my favourite writer, although as I have aged my reading has become more meandering.
- I value nature and wildlife and appreciate the changing seasons.
- I love being creative and find new ideas stimulating.
- I enjoy writing my blog which is a mixture of reflection, analysis and poems.
- To work in a team where we are all on the same wave-length, all muck in, can have a laugh and a joke.
- To lead by example by doing what I say and trusting people to do their jobs well.
- That things are person-centred and people use plain language and avoid jargon.